Thursday, October 01, 2015

Kinky Lizard Espresso Bar, Perth

Hello October! That's fast, counting down the last quarter of 2015 already.

I am not done with my Langkawi trip story sharing but I am excited to share this first. Everyone goes to Perth in the second half of 2015 and it's like a trend. Exactly, I went to Perth as well. This is my second time landed in the land of kangaroo and koala after 8 years. Excited. 

This post is all about Kinky Lizard Espresso Bar at East Perth, where we had one of our breakfasts in the morning. I wasn't the one suggested this but coincidentally I saw it on Instagram the night before from a IG account called @perthisok . Yeah right, what has it got to do with lizard? Hmmm...I really have no idea about it. 


I really like their counter and the food display window. The interior design makes the cafe really cosy and nice. Most importantly, the lighting in the cafe is really really good especially for photo taking session. 

Proof? See the photos below.




 Wild mushroom on toast
 Poached egg on toasts 

Load me up 
 Egg Benedict
Scrambled croissant 

See, I told you! The lighting in the cafe is really awesome. It's a bonus to a person like me who loves taking food photography. Yaya, whatever, camera eats first is more important in this era. hahaha 

I had half of the Load me up and Egg Benedict. Taste wise, over all I think it is good and the portion is big enough to sustain till lunch hour. haha That's one of my concerns of a meal. But somehow I find the crispy bacon and chorizo is quite salty. It would be even better if the toast is slightly softer and easier to cut on the plate. 

One bonus point of this cafe is they provide stationery for the kiddos to draw or colour something while waiting for the food to be served. At least a little something to keep them entertained. 

We parked our rented cars next to this Victoria Gardens. Done with our breakfast session, we extended the parking ticket and decided to stroll along to enjoy the beautiful scenery under the good weather.  


I was expecting the weather to be cold like the first two days we were there but I was wrong. It was HOT but cold at night, still bearable. I ate like a dinosaur when I was in Perth. Several meals in a day is no kidding. We bought some groceries from the super market and store it in our apartment. I really love the croissant from Coles. haha The main purpose of the whole paragraph is to elaborate on me putting on weight during the trip. 

The solo photos of me were taken by my 4 y/o niece. I let her played with my camera on the second day and she got hooked. Thereafter, I have got a personal photographer to take photos for me alone. haha Not too bad, don't you agree with me?

I went to Hay Street in this attire. I went into a shop and the staff praised me for having a cool top but i wasn't really pleased but awkward. There is a shop called Foot Locker and its staffs all dressed in black and white straight stripes exactly like mine. To make things even funnier, I walked into that shop and they might have 1 or 2 secs mistaken me as one of their staffs.

BnW stripe top - check
Black pants - check
Sneakers - check

I was actually all ready to start work on the spot. lol
I am proud of her, seriously. Now she knows how to look into the viewfinder, close one eye to see clearly to catch the subject precisely. It's good to learn the view from the eyes and height of a 4 y/o, don't you think so?





Glad that we took some time to enjoy the beautiful scenery which we could not get it in our homeland. Looking back at these photos make me miss the blue sky that we have it here before the haze happens. 

Why lah why we have to go through this H A Z E every year without fail? Please oh please businessmen, please spare our lungs!! Okay, I am done with this post. 6 hours were spent to produce this one post because too much of interruptions from all directions. 




Wisdom is only found in truth

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Teeth Night Guard is offering precise fitting and highest quality customized dental guards.

Blogger said...

Using Car Rental 8 you can discover the cheapest car rental from over 50,000 locations globally.